Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Six Things you need to know about Bubble 2.0

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:24:10 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tim O'Reilly <tim () oreilly com>
Date: October 14, 2005 5:34:56 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Six Things you need to know about Bubble 2.0

On Oct 13, 2005, at 6:27 AM, David Farber wrote:

Dave, while I agree that the chatter in and around our Web 2.0 conference definitely has had some frothiness in it, and some of the folks that Orlowski skewers in the piece below may be waxing too lyrical, this is yellow journalismi: find the outliers, and attack them to make a point. Even though the points that he makes about closed networks are good, he unnecessarily trashes the idea of "Web 2.0" without ever giving an accurate rendition of how those of us who find it a useful concept are thinking about it.

I wrote a long essay just before the Web 2.0 conference, entitled "What is Web 2.0?" It's available at:

http://www.oreilly.com/go/web2

I'm happy to engage in a debate about the ideas in the piece, but I hate to see it dismissed by innuendo.

Begin forwarded message: