Interesting People mailing list archives

mac viruses and quote and apple pie

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 20:07:11 -0400

What I think I said wss that macs are not being attacked since the windows system is a bigger easier target. I don't believe I said there were existing wild viruses but the flood of messages I have gotten seem to say there CAN NOT be one. That I seriously doubt !!

While it may be hard to penetrate the os kernal it is not impossible and the os environment is an attractive target -- browser/mail system etc.

But the yells are saying it is impossible. Again that I doubt. Better that I said I hate apple pie (or like Bush).

Dave

ps I run viros systems on my mac and do ALL updates etc.

Begin forwarded message: