Interesting People mailing list archives

more on any help -- FCC: we don't need no steenkin line sharing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:28:39 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Robert Lee <robertslee () verizon net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:58:25 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] more on any help -- FCC: we don't need no steenkin line
sharing

So why did the FCC not at the same time come out and state their position on
the issue, rather than the jurisdiction. Why did they create a vacuum?

Also, I cannot where I live get facilities based CLEC DSL.  I have to take
the Bell DSL and am forced to take the Bell traditional voice.  I still have
my Vonage box, but am forced to buy the needless Bell voice.  VZ tells me
sweetly that I can buy their VOIP rather than Vonage VOIP but their VOIP
costs as much as their traditional voice.  And for Covad to avail themselves
of UNE-L, buying to wholesale from VZ, costs more than VZ retail for dial
tone.

The whole thing is so obviously (res ipso loquitur, as lawyers love to say)
rotten that it is simply unbelievable that someone, anyone in government,
does not blow the whistle.  How can wholesale prices exceed retail?  How
closely does one have to look to see the pus?

Robert Lee

------ End of Forwarded Message