Interesting People mailing list archives

P2G [plane-to-goround]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:19:16 -0400

I tried to do that a month ago and could not get it to work on that flight but .. djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Esther Dyson <edyson () edventure com>
Date: July 28, 2005 1:39:56 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: P2G [plane-to-goround]

Dave -

I don;t now if this cheap trick qualifies for IP, but just in case.... I have been spending a long, time-zone-expanded day working happily 34,000 feet above ground on flight LH452 (Munich to LAX). The service I'm using is Connexion by Boeing, and after a frustrating time trying to sign up (but with help from LiveChat that *was* working), I ended up really liking it. For an 11-hour flight, the $29.95 is well worth it. But no, I hope people don't start using Skype in the air.....!

And in addition to working, resolving crises and making last-minute appointments, I have been posting some fairly stunning photos (she says modestly) of the views over Greenland: http://www.flickr.com/ photos/edyson/

Esther Dyson              Always make new mistakes!
Editor, Release 1.0

CNET Networks - www.cnet.com
104 Fifth Avenue (at 16th Street)
New York, NY 10011    USA

+1 (212) 924-8800

www.release1-0.com
Personal Health Info Workshop, New York City, September 30
current status (with pictures!) at http://www.flickr.com/photos/edyson/