Interesting People mailing list archives

more on DO READ THIS DJF -- Aggressive Searches Pat-down Searches/Sexual Harassment at the Airport WHEN WILL TSA GET HUMAN

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:55:09 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Lee Keet <Lee () VanguardAtlantic com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 10:59:15 +0100
To: "'David Farber (by way of Bernard A. Galler)'" <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] more on DO READ THIS DJF -- Aggressive Searches Pat-down
Searches/Sexual Harassment at the Airport

Going through security at Kona airport (Hawaii) my 6 year old grandson was
flagged for inspection (!).  He was wearing a t-shirt and shorts and could
obviously not be hiding anything.  He was told to stand on the foot-marks
for a physical pat-down and wanding but his feet could not reach each mark.
The inspector simply waited while he tried and tried, tears streaming.  I
had a hand-held digital camera and when I raised it to take a picture of
this ridiculous scene I was told that it was a federal offense to photograph
the security process and that if I clicked the shutter I would be arrested.

What bothers me most after the pain of seeing a small child frightened and
humiliated is that I am paying for this idiocy.

Cheers,
Lee
Ernest E. Keet, President
Vanguard Atlantic Ltd.
www.VanguardAtlantic.com
Phone: 1 518 261 6608
Toll Free direct: 1 877 LEE KEET (533 5338)
Fax : 1 208 275 7423
Toll Free Fax: 1 877 FAX 2 VAL (329 2825)