Interesting People mailing list archives

(I AM VERY VERY IMPRESSED DJF) Google Maps

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:09:16 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Joshua Tinnin <smogmonster () pacbell net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:02:02 -0800
To: Johnmac <johnmacsgroup () yahoogroups com>
Subject: [johnmacsgroup] Google Maps

http://maps.google.com/

These guys are taking over the world. I almost expect to boot my
computer one day and see the Google logo, out of nowhere. But I gotta
say, their version of interactive maps is impressive, at least after a
brief encounter. The directions are written and displayed more clearly
than Mapquest or Yahoo!, but I'm not sure how accurate they are, yet.
From a few tests, they seem to be, but so is Mapquest sometimes, and
sometimes it's plain wrong. Time will tell.

BTW, from what people are saying, this might not work in Safari (IT DOES NOT
WORK YET djf), but it
does work in Firefox.

- jt