Interesting People mailing list archives

On things eBay could do....

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:37:52 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Lesher <wb8foz () nrk com>
Date: December 17, 2005 3:52:56 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: On things eBay could do....

From: Jason Weisberger <jweisberger () mac com>

Ebay simply doesn't use email to contact its customers without being
offered a proactive impetus. ...
Ebay uses an internal messaging system inside of your my.ebay page
for passing messages back and forth between users and some Ebay
contacts.

Prof F:

I find this not quite true. I just got an email from ebay changing
the Terms of Service.

It did NOT show up in the internal mybay message system, which seems
reserved for spam-type things such as on-line chats on how to
peddle more snowballs to polar bears, etc.

Granted my email didn't have login links, but it did have clickable
links back to eBay's ToS, etc...

That said; ebay does have a major problem, as do the banks etc.
It's not clear how they will solve it.