Interesting People mailing list archives

Secular Press

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:42:33 -0400

From: Robert Lee <robertslee () verizon net> Subject: Secular Press To: dave () farber net

Dear Dave,

In keeping with the admonition of the Godfather, I keep my friends close but my enemies closer: I watch Fox News (Views). For the last four years an ill-mannered loathsome creature named Sean Hannity has been derisively labeling most of the traditional press as LIBERAL. To provide fairness and balance, he has a weak co-host named Colmes, who is purposely chosen to be the weak sister he plays.

As a result of the shameful Terri Schiavo debacle, Sean Hannity and company has now taken to calling the press, derisively, "the secular press". It is an outrage.

It is simply beyond all bounds of decency, which, I realize, cannot and should not be censored.

Yet, I fear that most of the people who read your list, do not "slum" enough to understand the fascistic groundswell sweeping our nation.

I listened to Fox last night and heard one set of stories, over and over, all through the night, on all their hosted "news" shows, all from the same pernicious and sophomoric viewpoint.

I then turned to ABC and heard a terribly interesting story about thousands of doctors all across America receiving from what appears to be from the United States Government conferring upon them "Physician of the Year" awards. All they have to do is write a check for $1,200 to the Republican National Committee. The documents tell the doctor they can use it to market their services but putting it on their walls and using it in advertising. So here is a document, intended to FOOL the patient into thinking the United States Government has awarded this physician "Physician of the Year". For one, she is not physician of the year: there are tens of thousands mailed and thousands pay. Second, the patient could only be expected to think it is based on quality of care or expertise. It is fraud. And it is fraud using the US Postal Service. Because it is the Republican Party, nothing will be done about it. Only the secular press is reporting it.

Robert Lee

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=643826&page=1