Interesting People mailing list archives

worth thinkig about -- Municipal Wi-Fi

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:21:38 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Casserly, James" <jcasserly () WILLKIE COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:12:27 -0400
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Municipal Wi-Fi

Dave, you have previously distributed a number of items -- pro and con --
about cities' plans to offer wireless services, but this one is singularly
trenchant.

Jim Casserly

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/11389598.htm

The ballad of Philadelphia

I read, with much enthusiasm, of Mayor Street's plan to make the city
wireless. Unfortunately, I can't afford a laptop because I was laid off from
my city job.

In fact, I can't afford a computer, which stinks because my kid, who used
our local library's computer, can't because of the cutbacks, which is just
as well because I was getting sick of him having to dodge bullets on his way
home. (What ever happened to that Safe Streets thing?) I'd pick him up, but
I bent the axle on my car driving into one of the million potholes in my
neighborhood, but good luck with the whole wireless thing.

Brian P. Tait, Philadelphia

Jim Casserly
202/303-1119 (office)
202/460-9159 (wireless)