Interesting People mailing list archives

More Patent Madness (For IP if you wish)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:41:34 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Prior <David.Prior () generaldynamics uk com>
Date: September 30, 2004 10:38:25 AM EDT
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>
Subject: More Patent Madness (For IP if you wish)

Hi Dave,

I know I've been a bit quiet just recently but I thought you might find this
amusing:

http://www.navytechmatch.com/Navy/Patent/PrintPatent.aspx?id=6712312

Apparently the USA, represented by the Secretary of the Navy, has patented the idea of reconnaissance using unmanned surface and air vehicles that are
capable of relaying video surveillance by wireless communications.

Given that this is hardly an original thought, and that many voices have
been raised in complaint against similar practices in the wider technology industry, I wondered if any of your readers had insight into, or opinion on,
this....?

David.

General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales No. 1911653
Registered Office: 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA