Interesting People mailing list archives

more on new threat to our security: mail without complete addresses

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:38:36 -0400

        From:     gdyson () ias edu
Subject: Re: [IP] more on new threat to our security: mail without complete addresses
        Date:   October 20, 2004 11:48:08 PM EDT
        To:       dave () farber net
        Cc:       lauren () vortex com, smb () research att com

This has been Canada Post's domestic policy for some time. Since leaving Canada I've occasionally been visiting up there and needed to mail something to a Canadian address, but without the required Canadian return address. This puzzled me for a while until I realized the solution is to put the "to" address (adding my own name) as the return address. Has (so far) worked every time.

Begin forwarded message: