Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Om Malik on: Shrinking consumer broadband choices?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:20:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: October 15, 2004 9:09:39 AM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Re: Om Malik on: Shrinking consumer broadband choices?

[Note: This comment comes from reader David Isenberg. In my comments I was being 'kind' to the FCC since a number of readers of this list work there. David is quite correct in his remarks below. My best guess is that the U.S. is now down to somewhere in the low 20s. The fact that the FCC is still using the old No. 11 figure when there is a more recent ITU figure just goes to show you how much in denial they are on this issue. If we can't get the authoritative government agency to tell the truth on this issue, then we can't expect very much from our Congress. DLH]