Interesting People mailing list archives

Sign of the times

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:00:04 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peter G Capek <capek () us ibm com>
Date: November 23, 2004 8:51:52 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: For IP: Sign of the times

The November 29 issue of the New Yorker includes a "caption this cartoon" contest, for
which entries are to be made on a web site.  In the rules, it states:

        We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest in the         event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any sort.

This is, to my knowledge, a new low in its implicit assessment of our industry.

                     Peter

Peter G. Capek
 IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
 Yorktown Heights, NY   10598-0218
 (+1 914) 945-1250            Fax:  X 4426