Interesting People mailing list archives

Philly and blocking its network

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:42:44 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: November 19, 2004 10:51:45 AM EST
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Philly and blocking its network

[Note: This item comes from reader Glenn Fleishman. Glenn makes some good points here. The move by the incumbents to block muni telecom infrastructure deployments has been in the works for some time now. Wi-Fi didn't have to happen to get them to act in this manner. BTW, while I'm at it, I'd like to call my readers attention to Glenn's most excellent website <http://www.wifinetnews.com>. DLH]