Interesting People mailing list archives

Michael Powell starts new blog on AlwaysOn

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:43:09 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stephen Nachtsheim <stephen () nachtsheim com>
Date: July 8, 2004 1:48:10 PM EDT
To: "Net Dave@Farber." <dave () farber net>
Subject: FW: Michael Powell starts new blog on AlwaysOn

Dave,

fyi

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: tp () alwayson-network com [mailto:tp () alwayson-network com]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:26
To: stephen () nachtsheim com
Subject: Michael Powell starts new blog on AlwaysOn

Hello spn,

We are honored to welcome FCC Chairman Michael Powell as the newest regular
blogger on AlwaysOn.  Check out his first post:
http://www.alwayson-network.com/comments.php?id=4830_0_3_0_C

One of the most articulate voices in Washington, Chairman Powell let's AO members know exactly what he is up to, and it is really quite incredible:

"I am participating in Always On Network’s blog to hear from the tech
community directly and try to get beyond the traditional inside the Beltway Washington world where lobbyists filter the techies. I am looking forward to an open, transparent and meritocracy-based communication--- attributes that
bloggers are famous for!"

We should all support Chairman Powell's new "open source" approach to policy development. We predict that this first step by a major government figure to step over the head of the media and go directly to a constituency that can
aptly advise him will eventually lead to more officials jumping onto the
blogsphere for the benefit of all.

So check out Michael's blog, post of few words of advice and support, and become part of a revolution to open up the back chambers of the Washington
policy machine forever!

Best/tp

Tony Perkins
Editor/Founder
AlwaysOn
www.alwayson-network.com

To be removed from all of our mailing lists, click here:
ephen () nachtsheim com