Interesting People mailing list archives

NYT: Dress Code May Hinder Their Work, Air Marshals Say

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:26:06 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Rosenberg <bob () bobrosenberg phoenix az us>
Date: July 17, 2004 6:06:37 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: NYT: Dress Code May Hinder Their Work, Air Marshals Say

Dave

Perhaps for IP.

IRONIC COMMENT: Boy! This item from the NYT must make IPer's feel safer.

Dress Code May Hinder Their Work, Air Marshals Say
By BRIAN WINGFIELD
The dress code imposed by the Department of Homeland Security makes federal air
marshals uneasy that it is too easy for terrorists to spot them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/17/politics/17marshals.html?th

--

--
--

Bob Rosenberg, Principal
R.G. Rosenberg & Assoc.

"Fact or fiction, everyone should see this film. I, for one, support Moore's
protest."
            DAILY MAIL (London) / July 1, 2004
            General Sir Michael Rose,
            Former Commander of the UN Protection Force in Bosnia

"Only men who confuse themselfs with God would dare to pretend in this anguished
and bloody era that they know the exact road to the promised land."
              Adlai Stevenson

“An informed public is the most potent of all restraints upon misgovernment.” U. S. Supreme Court, Grosjean vs. American Press Co., 297 U.S. 233, 250 (1936)

I yearn for the day when eternal vigilance doesn't have to be quite so bloody
vigilant!

"Eternal Vigilance" is supposed to mean citizens watching their Governments, not
the other way around....

PLEASE NOTE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede that a significant number of electrons may have
been somewhat perturbed.