Interesting People mailing list archives

Request from reader "Please put me in touch with --> RE: new type of spam (or is there a better name for it)?"

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:23:57 -0500

From: Ben Edelman [mailto:edelman () law harvard edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 11:01 PM
To: 'dave () farber net'
Subject: RE: [IP] new type of spam (or is there a better name for it)?

Hi Dave,

Can you put me in touch with the author of the message below?

I'd like to write an article about this problem generally -- not necessarily
about his hijacked domain(s) specifically.  And I'll find hundreds or
thousands of domains with the same problem -- putting the wrongdoers in the
spotlight and perhaps applying additional pressure to encourage them to stop
this practice.

Recall (from coverage on IP) my prior work on the subject of expired domains
subsequently used for pornography:

  Domains Reregistered for Distribution of Unrelated Content:
  A Case Study of "Tina's Free Live Webcam"
  <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/renewals>

Thanks,

Ben Edelman