Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Not all pornography is illegal

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:03:08 -0500

Kelly, For the record, I just report. I did not say this djf

elivered-To: dfarber+ () ux13 sp cs cmu edu
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:27:38 -0500
From: Kelly <kelly4893 () hotmail com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Not all pornography is illegal
To: dave () farber net, ip () v2 listbox com
Cc: dfarber+ () ux13 sp cs cmu edu

Dave and Randall, where did you ever get the idea that "pornography" was
illegal in the first place?? Child pornography is clearly illegal, but
pornography involving consenting adults, whether in magazines, videos, on
the web, or in "gentlemens clubs", is merely a form of healthy sexual
expression. You don't think students look at porn all the time in university
computer labs around the country? I know I have at Penn. People do it all
the time, as much as they don't want to admit it. Now maybe viewing it in a
public office or computer lab is not the brightest of ideas, but it is not
illegal. It may violate company or university regulations though.

Kelly