Interesting People mailing list archives

The Graphing Calculator Story

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 05:19:51 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ron Avitzur <avitzur () PacificT com>
Date: December 22, 2004 5:10:13 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: The Graphing Calculator Story

Hello Dave,

This is an old story, but I've only told it in person before. Now that I've put it in print, I thought you might enjoy it.

"It's midnight. I've been working sixteen hours a day, seven days a week. I'm not being paid. In fact, my project was canceled six months ago, so I'm evading security, sneaking into Apple Computer's main offices in the heart of Silicon Valley, doing clandestine volunteer work for an eight-billion-dollar corporation."

The story behind the Macintosh Graphing Calculator is at

 http://www.PacificT.com/Story

Best regards,

Ron