Interesting People mailing list archives

more on the Future of Communications in America

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:42:51 -0500

From: Robert Daffin <rsd3414 () ACRretail com>

An excellent piece.  Only comment I have is with regard to the options
present before the RBOC's:  I expect them to use both lawyers and lobbyists
to their fullest advantage to impede the growth of cable broadband services.
That isn't to say that they are any more or less evil than any other group
of companies--the common response when an entrenched industry is threatened
by new technology is to attempt to use governement to block them.

-R