Interesting People mailing list archives

P2P Taken to Task for Child Porn

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:46:13 -0400

[Another good example of how poorly the Hill understands the internet. It matches my reading when I was in DC. On the positive side they are willing to learn (and their staff). There are few , if any, non alligned groups willing and/or able to help. Even then realize that politics will win djf]

 P2P Taken to Task for Child Porn (Business Tuesday)
 http://go.hotwired.com/news/business/0,1367,60368,00.html/wn_ascii

 File-trading services got a drubbing at a Senate committee hearing on
peer-to-peer networks and pornography. Orrin Hatch even asks whether it
would make sense to shutter file-swapping services altogether. By
Joanna Glasner.