Interesting People mailing list archives

CAPPS II stores data on passengers not permitted to fly [priv]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:10:24 -0500

Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:29:46 -0500
From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
=
[Yes, that seems to be the correct way to read the testimony. --Declan]

---

Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:49:08 -0500
From: Michael <michael () despammed com>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Subject: Re: [Politech] Transportation Security Administation still loves
 CAPPS II [priv]

Declan McCullagh wrote:

  CAPPS II would not retain data on U.S. passengers who are permitted to fly.

Implying the existence of a significant category of U.S. passengers *not* permitted to fly. Boy, am I ever glad *that's* under "direct Federal control" -- a distinct improvement over scattered local refusal to let me travel! Wow!

Michael