Interesting People mailing list archives

Ari Fleischer, deep thinker

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:13:49 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: David Newman <dnewman () networktest com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:41:47 -0800
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: FW: Ari Fleischer, deep thinker

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46452-2003Mar18.html

"It's hard to assess what Senator Daschle means when his remarks are so
inconsistent," Fleischer said. "He's essentially blaming President Bush for
the fact that we may be on the verge of war."

dn

------ End of Forwarded Message

washingtonpost.com

Fleischer Blasts Daschle for War Remarks

By Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, March 18, 2003; 1:00 PM

At the White House this morning, press secretary Ari Fleischer lashed back
harshly at Senate Minority Leader Thomas A. Daschle (D-S.D.), who alleged
Monday that Bush had "failed so miserably at diplomacy that we're now forced
into war."

Fleischer said that "every member of Congress is entitled to their opinion
of course." Then he read from comments Daschle had made in September, when
the senator said leaders "ought not to politicize this war" and "ought not
to politicize the rhetoric about war and life and death."