Interesting People mailing list archives

The utter nonsense about

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:13:02 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Ted Dolotta <Ted () Dolotta ORG>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:07:27 -0500
To: IP list <dave () farber net>
Subject: The utter nonsense about

french fries, french toast, french dressing, etc., is utterly idiotic.
After all, no one in the U.S. stopped eating hamburgers or spaghetti
during World War II ...

[By the way, the anti-French-food nitwits missed one:  I think that
"croissant" should be renamed "freedom crescent" -- it has a nice,
Jihad-like ring to it -- don't you think?]

But -- speaking as someone who spent WW II in Europe, I find the
following item from the Sunday New York Times beyond the pale;
it's downright sick:

        ... Representative Ginny Brown-Waite, Republican of Florida,
        has introduced legislation that would allow the remains of
        World War II veterans buried in France to be brought home.

        "The remains of our brave servicemen should be buried in
        patriotic soil, not in a country that has turned its back on
        the United States and on the memory of Americans who fought
        and died there," Ms. Brown-Waite said. "It's almost as if the
        French have forgotten what those thousands of white crosses at
        Normandy represent."

I wonder whether Ms. Brown-Waite actually visited these cemeteries ...

Ted Dolotta

------ End of Forwarded Message