Interesting People mailing list archives

U.S. Says Hussein Must Cede Power to Head Off War

From: Dave Farber <farber () trial danger net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:49:17 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Ritholtz <ritholtz () optonline net>
To: dave () farber net
Subject: U.S. Says Hussein Must Cede Power to Head Off War
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:17:28 -0500

Hi Dave,

In case you missed the front page headlines of the NYT today:

U.S. Says Hussein Must Cede Power to Head Off War
http://nytimes.com/2003/03/01/international/middleeast/01IRAQ.html

    and this analysis of the above:

New Element in Iraq's Mix
http://nytimes.com/2003/03/01/international/middleeast/01ASSE.html

These 2 articles help validate a working thesis I have what this
coming war is actually about (and let there be no doubt -- it is coming). Its not about WMD or Oil or payback for trying to off Bush Sr: Its about destablizing the entire Middle East, and forcing major changes at the top
of many Mid-East governments - - not just Iraq's.

As I have been saying for some time, there is most definitely a much
larger agenda here.

Barry L. Ritholtz
Chief Market Strategist
Maxim Group
(516) 918-5529

I am not permitted to send you our full research report, but I can show you a 750 words synopsis of the full blown strategic analysis I did if you think
the IPers would be interested . . .
--farber