Interesting People mailing list archives

When will I ever learn (correction)

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:07:22 -0400

I have a new PC, a NEC Tablet, which I wanted to give a good try to see if
anything got better. Well after two days and just installing XP and NEC
supplied software add on I got that old familiar XP error after logging in
that said some driver was defective (a 1 second flash impossible to read,
and then a reboot. Time and time again. So I did a complete restore of the
whole system. Part of what I had to re-sinstall was Office. The Office I am
using was site licensed by CMU. The license was on a flimsy sticker and got
lost. So I called MS and very politely they said " sorry even with your
product registration code we can not give you the CD Key to install it" .

So one shot day unable to do anything else with that machine.

If it had been the mac first that would not have happened and second there
is no CD Key for mac Office.

Complaint. Two

1 a system should NEVER crash like that -- NEVER

2 CD Keys are stupid. If they must have it put a set of copies of the number
that can be stuck on the CD (like many other companies do)