Interesting People mailing list archives

it could happen to your in fant child or grandchild -- Airport fun

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:13:30 -1000

I have gotten a number of replies. Most say it is ok to do random checking
and if it selects a baby --  fine. How young a baby -- 1 month? What is the
training of the people who inspect the baby? What if they drop it? What if
they panic the mother and she reacts -- arrest her?

I have no problem if their are people trained to handle small infants, who
have a clean bill of health, who wear CLEAN gloves and who are sensitive to
the parents concerns. None of this seems true.

What do we do when some person carries a bomb in their -- you know where--
or swallows it etc etc.

Why don't we ban forks on planes and certainly glass wine bottles and ball
point pens etc etc. All good weapons.

Dave

Ps I could not buy a safety razor inside SFO yet I can carry one in past
security!!