Interesting People mailing list archives

more on -- What message are we sending?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:11:18 -0400

Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:48:57 -0400
From: Michael Hodges <michael.r.hodges () verizon net>
Subject: RE: [IP] -- more on -- What message are we sending?
To: dave () farber net

"Blaming Parson because one is incompetent at IT is ridiculous and using
the "what message are we sending" rhetoric to appeal to emotion is
shameless hate mongering and should not be tolerated in a liberal
democracy that protects the rights of the individual."

Sheesh. Next we'll be calling this guy a "victim," assigning him a syndrome,
and having elementary school teachers  looking for the symptoms in all
children.

He IS only accused. He DOES deserve to be assumed innocent until proven
guilty. However, if that is so proven, he intentionally performed an act
(however simple, easy, or quick) that caused tons of money and time to be
wasted and, more importantly, cast even more doubt on technology and IT.
There is certainly nothing wrong with "throwing the book at him".