Interesting People mailing list archives

"Imbalance of Powers": New Lawyers Committee for Human Rights Publication

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:44:55 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Heidi Altman <altmanh () LCHR ORG>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:37:56 -0400
To: dave () farber net

"Imbalance of Powers":  New Lawyers Committee for Human Rights
Publication

Some of the changes in U.S. law and security policy since September 11
have led to an erosion of basic human rights protections in the United
States. In the publications listed below, the Lawyers Committee has
attempted to catalogue and analyze the impacts on civil liberties of the
United States' approach to the "War on Terrorism." A Year of Loss looks
at the year immediately following the attacks while Imbalance of Powers
focuses on the 6 month period between September 11, 2002 and March 11,
2003.

"Imbalance of Powers:  How Changes to U.S. Law and Security Since 9/11
Erode Human Rights and Civil Liberties"
Covering the period from September 2002 - March 2003
Available at http://www.lchr.org/us_law/loss/imbalance/powers.pdf

"Imbalance of Powers" Digest (abridged version)
Available at http://www.lchr.org/pubs/descriptions/imbalance_digest.pdf

"A Year of Loss:  Reexamining Civil Liberties Since September 11"
Covering the period from September 2001 - September 2002
Available at http://www.lchr.org/pubs/descriptions/loss_report.pdf

LCHR Publications are available for purchase on our website at:
http://www.lchr.org/pubs/pubs.asp#loss
Or by contacting our Communications Department at 212 845-5245

------ End of Forwarded Message