Interesting People mailing list archives

Wi-Fi in Europe - Free (as it should be)

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:48:01 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: jspira () basex com
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:08:01 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Wi-Fi in Europe - Free (as it should be)

Dave, hi and good morning!

Greetings from Munich.  I am here picking up a new BMW 5er, and staying at
the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza on the Leopoldstrasse in Schwabing, near where
I lived attending University here.

Anyway, to the point: Wi-Fi is coming through my window from somewhere out
on the Leopoldstrasse.  And it's from a company called megabeam, which is
offering free connections through end of month.

It has many major metropolitan areas covered (see http://www.megabeam.com
for details) but since Germany hotels change ca. 35 Euro cents per minute
for local calls, this has been a great find.

Best.

/s/ Jonathan

Jonathan B. Spira
CEO and Chief Analyst
Basex. What's in IT for you (tm).
Phone: +1 212 760-1555 x113
E-mail: jspira () basex com
Web: http://www.basex.com
----

------ End of Forwarded Message

You are subscribed as interesting-people () lists elistx com