Interesting People mailing list archives

Perspective on ICANN

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:49:09 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Charles Brownstein <cbrownst () cnri reston va us>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:39:26 -0500
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: <[IP]> Perspective on ICANN

fyi found on slashdot at:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=43580&threshold=1&commentsort=0&tid=95&m
ode=thread&pid=4554077#4554312

Re:What we want to know is, (Score:3, Informative)
by karl.auerbach (karl () cavebear com) on Tuesday October 29, @04:38AM
(#4554312)
(User #157250 Info | http://www.cavebear.com/)
I'm writing a report (to the board) that will be making a summary of things
and making recommendations.
There are parts of this report that I will probably not post publicly - for
instance there are some matters that legititimately are such that I do want
to preserve attorney-client privilege.
But the bottom line is pretty simple - I have not seen any smoking guns, but
I have seen a signifcant lack of attention to the basics of running what
amounts to a small business, a failure of the board to properly oversee the
activities of management/staff, a mission that is expanding its scope faster
than a star going nova, and an institutional hubris that causes it to reject
anything that it does not want to hear.
Sorry for being somewhat incoherent - but I'm very jet lagged and my neuron
activity is being fueled mainly by sugar and caffine.
I'll have more later.
                  --karl--

------ End of Forwarded Message

You are subscribed as interesting-people () lists elistx com