Interesting People mailing list archives

nifty -- cuban missile crisis pdfs from washpost

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:59:42 -0500

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:47:30 -0500
To: undisclosed-recipient:;
From: Monty Solomon <monty () roscom com>
Subject: Cuban Missile Crisis Documents From the Washington Post

http://www.llrx.com/buzz/buzz132.htm#cubanmissilecrisis

Cuban Missile Crisis Documents From the Washington Post

The Washington Post has announced a special seven-day opportunity to
view newspaper articles written between October 22 and October 29,
1962 -- the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

You can get to the newspaper sections at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/digitalarchive/index.html .
Every day a new edition of the newspaper will be added (currently
October 22 and October 23, 1962, and are available.)

The papers are in PDF format. Click on a date and the paper will load.
The paper is presented as it originally appeared -- ads, comics, and
all. The October 22 paper was 45 pages long. A pull-down menu at the
top of the page allows you to choose the page you want to view (there
are also forward and back arrows next to the pull-down menu.)  A zoom
of 100% allowed me to read anything I wanted to read, though you can
zoom in closer if you like just in case you didn't quite get
everything in the Peanuts cartoon.

There are a few other offerings in addition to the newspaper editions.
There are pointers to recent stories related to the Cuban Missile
Crisis, commentary, and a couple of presentations related to the
crisis. Worth a look.

You are subscribed as interesting-people () lists elistx com