Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Handspring Treo 180 Hands-on

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:39:20 -0500

Handspring Treo 180
by Dan Bricklin

I've been using a Handspring Treo 180 combination PDA/cell phone for
a few weeks. Here are some of my observations. [Last modified: 6
March 2002]

When I first saw Jeff Hawkins of Handspring demonstrate a prototype
Treo, I knew it was a device I needed to look into. As a combination
Palm OS PDA and cell phone, I already knew from the Kyocera QCP-603
device it would have value. What struck me as special was the
addition of a keyboard, similar to the RIM 850 and 857, and a variety
of other buttons and switches. This looked like it would open up all
sorts of opportunities for innovation and ease of use. When I
actually held one (Jeff's) and felt how small it was, I was sure I
needed to look at it. As shipments approached, I was able to borrow a
preproduction unit to try. This report is based on that unit.

http://danbricklin.com/log/treo180.htm

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/