Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on Too weak to compete re note from Young

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:15:23 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: david.e.young () verizon com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:00:07 -0400
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>

Sorry for not including a sig on my email! I am not a lobbyist (and
certainly not chief!),  but do work in Verizon's Public Policy and External
Affairs department in Washington, DC.  I'm an engineer by training (Stevens
'88).  Started with NJ Bell outside plant operations. Spent a few years in
Information Systems.  Spent about 6 years in R&D working on IP telephony,
media compression, advanced data networks, etc.  About 7 patents awarded.
For the last  2 1/2 years, I've been working in PP&EA on public policy
issues associated with convergence, among other things.

That's about it for full disclosure!

-David

==
David E. Young