Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: "What's A Military Take-over, Daddy?"

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:46:56 -0500

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>

[Note:  This item comes from reader Steve Schear.  DLH]

From: Steve Schear <schear () lvcm com>
To: "Dewayne-Net Technology List" <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: Fwd: "What's A Military Take-over, Daddy?"
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:58:19 -0800

Is it just me thinking that we seem to be creating a massive internal security apparatus, similar to those in undemocratic nations, often used to suppress dissent in the name of national security. I guess it hardly surprising, given the more than questionable extension of fed authority in recent decades, that some citizens with a mistaken notion that a plain reading of the Constitution should guide government might become "problems" for those who think otherwise.

 > Pentagon Plans New Command For U.S.
 Four-Star Officer Would Oversee Homeland Defense

 By Bradley Graham
 Washington Post Staff Writer
 Sunday, January 27, 2002; Page A01 The Pentagon has decided to ask the
 White House for approval to set up a new four-star command to coordinate
federal troops used to defend North America, part of an intensified effort
 to bolster homeland security, defense officials said.

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/