Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: A Penn boy makes good (and a "former" student of mine)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:31:39 -0500

GOVERNOR NAMES DEPUTY SECRETARY OF TECHNOLOGY

Richmond Governor Mark. R. Warner today named Eugene J. Huang as Deputy Secretary of Technology.

Huang, 26, is on leave from Oxford University, where he is pursuing a doctorate in economic history, and from where he received a master's with distinction in economic and social history. He co-founded BuildPoint Corp., an Internet firm in Redwood City, California, and served as a policy analyst for the Federal Communications Commission.

A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Huang has received master's and bachelor's degrees in engineering, as well as a bachelor's degree from the Wharton School.

"I am pleased to welcome Eugene to my administration," said Governor Warner. "He will work to help us harness the latest technology, and provide centralized oversight of state IT projects."

Huang will work with interim Secretary of Technology Donald Upson, who has agreed to serve until Secretary-designate George Newstrom joins the Warner administration in early spring.

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/