Interesting People mailing list archives

Users: The Usual Suspects Again

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:26:11 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Bob Frankston <BobFrankston+xix () Bobf Frankston com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:20:15 -0500
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Users: The Usual Suspects Again

http://www.newsday.com/business/local/newyork/ny-bzxtra3065646dec30.story
(Cablevision Takes Aim at Napster's Successors)

Once more those who are in egregious violation of free speech and who take
full advantage of their "natural" monopoly are blaming users for abusing
their service. Given that there are a number of reporters who read this
list, I'm curious about why they readily accept the CableCo's spin that it's
all the fault of their users for abusing their service? It would be like
Trent Lott accusing the press of abusing their freedom of speech by
publicizing his regret that we didn't maintain the tradition of racial
segregation.

------ End of Forwarded Message