Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: The FCC NPRM on the Broadcast Flag

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:27:04 -0400

I am in data gathering mode preparatory to writing a response to the FCC
NPRM on the Digital Broadcast flag. While I was at the FCC I had a set of
opportunities to hear out the media companies about that and I was
unconvinced then that it was a good idea. I am more convinced now that it is
not wise.

I am interested in Ipers opinions on this -- for and against and will share
the responses when I digest them.  (as well as credit the ideas in the
response (with or without attribution -- your call)).

Dave

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/