Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Request for information on community-based Internet access

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:46:56 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Sanjay Udani <udani () seas upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:14:03 -0400 (EDT)
To: farber () dsl cis upenn edu
Subject: for IP list: Request for information on community-based Internet
access

I am a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania working under
Professors Sanjay Udani and David Farber. I am currently working on a
research
project examining community based internet access projects.  We are
examining
the process and technological choices made by each community in order to
develop a series of best practices.  We are particularly interested in
comparing
the development of communities using wireless with those using fiber to
determine which technology works best for various geographic and
demographic areas.

If you are involved in building these networks for your community, we would
appreciate the opportunity to interview you. Participation would a require a
minimal effort on your part - typically the information necessary for our
study
can be gained through a couple of informal interviews with designers or
network
architects. Additionally, some basic demographic and information about your
area of service would be appreciated.  If you are interested in
participating,
please send a message to lawrench () gradient cis upenn edu.

We will share our work with all of our contributors once we have completed
it.

Thank you for your time.

Jay Haverty

------ End of Forwarded Message