Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: IP: The real bandwidth numbers.

From: David Farber <dfarber () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:09:43 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Peake <ajp () glocom ac jp>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:04:17
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Re: IP: The real bandwidth numbers.

Article about broadband in Japan in today's Japan Times.  See
<http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nc20020411a1.htm>

Author missed mentioning broadband wireless. 1.5 meg service
available in some parts of Tokyo, less than 4000yen/month (I think,
not checked recently.)

DSL is dirt cheap.  1.5 meg for less than 3000yen.  8 meg for not
much more.  FTTH for around 5000yen (100meg.)  ($1 = 130yen?)

Thanks,

Adam