Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on : Seems to me I have read about this stuff before, many years ago ...

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:46:39 -0400

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:34:32 -0700
To: farber () eff org
From: Stanton McCandlish <mech () eff org>

I think people forget that Bill Maher is by trade a standup comic, and
his show, however political it might be, is comedy. He's *supposed to*
raise eyebrows and push taste limits. That White House spokespeople
would respond to the Bill Maher show as if it were Front Line or All
Things Considered says a lot to me about how knee-jerk, hyperactive and
irrational things are getting inside the Beltway due to recent events
and concomitant pressures.  Several deep breaths are in order, methinks.

--
Stanton McCandlish      mech () eff org       http://www.eff.org/~mech
Technical Director/Webmaster         Electronic Frontier Foundation

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/