Interesting People mailing list archives

A billion seconds of Unix (Re: IP: Music Share-in Festival in Golden Gate Park)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:55:21 -0400

Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:40:08 -0700
From: Seth David Schoen <schoen () loyalty org>

David Farber writes:

Music Share-in Festival in Golden Gate Park

 Hosted by Wavy Gravy and John Perry Barlow

  EFF Music Share In
  Saturday, September 8, 2001, 2pm-5pm PT
  Golden Gate Park (corner of Haight & Stanyan)

In addition, Unix fans will note that the Unix time (seconds since
0:00:00 GMT Thursday, January 1, 1970) will reach 1,000,000,000 at
6:46:40p (PDT) that same day -- almost immediately after the concert.

I'm asking people who'd like to celebrate a billion seconds of Unix to
come to the Share-in concert and join me for a celebratory dinner
afterward.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen () loyalty org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/