Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re:4th plane crashed after passenger revolt?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:29:12 -0400

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:13:40 -0700
To: farber () cis upenn edu, ip-sub-1 () majordomo pobox com
From: "Joseph C. Pistritto" <jcp () jcphome com>
Subject: Re: IP: 4th plane crashed after passenger revolt?
Cc: jerryp () jerrypournelle com

I think we can consider this confirmed.  Another person on that plane's
wife was interviewed on KGO radio this morning, he lives in Pleasanton,
CA, and apparently he made a total of 4 cellphone calls from the airplane
to his wife in California, who told him about the WTC airline crash which
had happened a few minutes before.   He apparently asked a lot of
questions about that and on the 4th phone call said that the passengers
were going to "do something" to try and take over the plane.   This was
shortly before the airplane crashed in western Pennsylvania.

Apparently not all Americans went down without a fight
yesterday.   Whatever they did, they probably saved hundreds or thousands
of other people's lives by doing it.

Thanks,
   -jcp-