Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Strongly recommend reading -- Democracy held hostage

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:42:25 -0400

Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:24:21 -0700
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Einar Stefferud <stef () nma com>
Subject: Re: IP: Strongly recommend reading --  Democracy held hostage

Au Contraire;-)...

If you look closely, you will see that the GW Administration has been paying attention to the public discussions and to its own internal discussions, and has become much less boastful about rushing off the beat the hell out of something.

Now, I hope to hell that they do not broadcast what they are really going to do!
Better to let the "enemy" who ever it might be, think the former.

The Administration has access to a lot more intelligence than many of us thought, some of which has been replayed here via your IP list. And the sum of it all, so far, is to not just blast off and hope for the best.

I think one clue, that has been passed over, was GW's statement that he is not going to send a multi-million dollar missile aimed to hit a tent and only hit a camel, as did some other President.

I think we all need to wear smarter glasses to see what is before us.

Cheers...\Stef

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/