Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Antitrust

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 19:37:35 -0400

Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:12:06 -0700
To: jwarren () well com
From: Jim Warren <jwarren () well com>
Subject: Re: Antitrust

From a friend:

        If you weren't happy with the recent outcome of the Microsoft
case and want to enjoy the pleasure of seeing Gates and his crew carted
off to prison by the Feds, then you don't have wait.  There is a pretty
good film that came out earlier this year where all this happens.  It's
'Antitrust' <http://us.imdb.com/Title?0218817> and stars Tim Robbins (as
a character so close in looks and manner to Bill Gates that you have to
blink twice) who runs a company so like Microsoft (its in the Pacific
Northwest) that I don't see how they got away with getting this film
into distribution!  It was released by MGM, so this is not a small
independent film.  Heck, there is even a Steve Ballmer clone in the
film, plus other things like a MS campus clone and a Gates home
clone.  The heros of the film are fighting for open source, if you can
believe that!
        In any case, Leonard Maltin, the film critic, gave it three
stars.  I highly recommend it myself and like I said, if you'd like to
have your fantasies fulfilled about Microsoft getting what it deserves,
then this is the film for you!

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/