Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Early ebook publisher's essay on why they should free Dmitri

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:54:08 -0400

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:19:15 -0700
From: Brad Templeton <brad () templetons com>
To: farber () cis upenn edu

Dave, if you are interested for IP, I have put up an essay on the subject
from my perspective both as EFF chairman and an early-era ebook publisher.

        http://www.templetons.com/brad/free.html

An eBook Publisher on why the U.S. Attorney should free Dmitry Sklyarov

        There's been a lot of debate about the recent jailing of
        a young Russian named Dmitry Sklyarov, who helped write a
        controversial program that used to be sold by his employer,
        a Moscow company named Elcomsoft.

        This missive will be a bit different from some of the
        others you've read because I'm an ebook publisher -- one
        of the first.  In addition, I've made pretty much all the
        money I've got from publishing copyrighted material online,
        and I'm a heavy defender of the rights of authors.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/