Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Adobe, Electronic Frontier Foundation Call for Release of Russian Programm

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:39:25 -0400

From: "R. v. Head" <4whp () home com>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: Re: Adobe, Electronic Frontier Foundation Call for Release
of  Russian Programm
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:33:57 -0400

Adobe is still close to the pocket-protector set. If the Bad Guy in this
situation had been GE or Ford or another Old-Economy dinosaur (you know, the
kind of company that occasionally makes a profit), I suspect that they'd not
have been as amenable to moral suasion.

Unless the "Get Sklyarov!" decision was made at the stratospheric levels of
Adobe, I expect to see at least one executive fall on his sword over this
affair, which ranks right up there with New Coke when it comes to
bone-headed stunts.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/