Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Security white paper

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:30:49 -0500

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:17:04 -0500
To: dave () farber net
From: Gene Spafford <spaf () cerias purdue edu>

IP readers may be interested in the report at this link:
<http://www.cerias.purdue.edu/events/summit_4q2000.php>
From that page:

Extraordinary changes in the way we do business and lead our lives in the
ever-connected world of the future will create tremendous security
challenges. These challenges will be shaped by many of today's emerging
trends: the rapid acceleration of network speed, connectivity and the
overall number of devices; the removal of the human element from many
everyday transactions; and easier and cheaper collection of public and
private information. More than ever before, we will demand security
solutions that enable businesses to thrive and private information to be
protected.

Accenture has just released the Security Call to Action and executive
summary, from the 15 security experts who participated in the CERIAS
Security Vision Roundtable. This two-day event, jointly sponsored by
Accenture and the Purdue University CERIAS (Center for Education and
Research in Information Assurance and Security), brought together both
industry pioneers as well as information security leaders experts at some
of the largest and most influential companies in the world. The report
includes a Call to Action and a list of the key trends affecting security
over the next decade. The bottom-line is that doing security right
requires the greater community of business leaders, technologists,
educators and political leaders to look seriously at this Call to Action
and to commit resources and energy to help lead us all to a more secure world.

Accenture is the new name for Andersen Consulting as of January 1, 2001.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/