Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: A bit more on Texas PUC Chairman Pat Wood Stands on Threshold of Change

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:02:48 -0500

I met Pat Wood at a meeting in DC two months ago where he gave a brief
talk. After I sat at the head table with him and we had a chance to talk. I
knew he was from Texas but knew little more about him at that time. We
spent a large part of the lunch and about 1/2 hour after that talking about
the FCC and its structure -- in particular the shortage of technical people
and some organizational ideas that I had on helping in that area. It was
only after our talk that I found out his background (in the future DC scene).

He struck me as a darn smart person with an engineering background who will
appreciate the role of technology at the FCC. His record seems to be very
pro-competition . He will make, assuming the rumor is right, a very good
commissioner

His final comment to me was that he would be sure to call me if his plans
worked out.

Dave

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/