Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Telecommunications Disaster Planning

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:35:43 -0500

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 09:45:22 -0800
To: farber () cis upenn edu (Dave Farber)
From: Jim Warren <jwarren () well com>
Subject: fwd: Telecommunications Disaster Planning

At 11:41 AM -0500 12/26/01, Michael Ravnitzky posted in the FOI-L list:
TELECOMMUNICATIONS DISASTER PLANNING REPORT(s)

Here is an fascinating report on telecommunications disaster
planning, which includes very helpful charts on the worst
tornados, the worst hurricanes, the worst floods, the worst
earthquakes, chemical spills, rail disasters, etc.

http://www.ncs.gov/n5_hp/Information_Assurance/HazSec1.htm
http://www.ncs.gov/n5_hp/Information_Assurance/HazSec2.htm
http://www.ncs.gov/n5_hp/Information_Assurance/HazSec3.htm
http://www.ncs.gov/n5_hp/Information_Assurance/HazSec4.htm
there are a couple of appendixes which I cannot locate on the
web site although I'm sure that they are there somewhere.

More generally, a bunch of other interesting reports from the
National Communications System are listed at:

http://www.ncs.gov/nstac/NSTACReports.html

and also there is a lot of material of this type at

http://www.ncs.gov

Something tells me that this site will become more sanitized in
the near future, so you may wish to look around while it is still
there.

Michael Ravnitzky
mikerav () mindspring com

For archives see: